During the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are doing all we can to ensure your therapy is delivered as safely as possible. We are currently following the advice given by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) (CSP COVID-19 Rehabilitation Standards) as well as other organisations such as the Health and Care Professions Council and Public Health England, about how to provide safe treatment.
- offering virtual appointments via Clinic.co to limit face to face contact. Current advice suggests 'virtual first' and only offering home visits where it is not practical or safe to conduct it virtually. You have a choice about how you would like your treatment to proceed but risks will be discussed and documented
- completing a risk assessment/consent form when undertaking face to face visits
- all therapists entering your property (or other chosen locality) will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in line with current NHS guidelines. For most visits this consists of a surgical mask, gloves and apron
- the risks of allowing a therapist into your home will be discussed at the time of arranging your first appointment and you will need give consent to the visit. You can opt for a virtual appointment if you would prefer not to take the risk
- you will be offered a face mask to wear at the appointment (or you can provide your own). You can choose not to wear one but will be made aware of the risks. We understand that some conditions make wearing a mask difficult. We also suggest that if anyone else is present at your appointment (family/carer) that they also wear a mask
- any equipment brought into your house will be cleaned both before an after your treatment session, and then quarantined for 72 hours before being used again. Some items are 'single patient use only' and will be disposed of safely when you no longer need them.